Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 1: Macrobiotic & Hot Yoga detox

Hi! This is the first post of my first blog....exciting stuff for me! haha


My purpose of this blog is to journal my 20-day macrobiotic cleanse and hot yoga challenge. One of the suggestions of the challenge is the use of journalling.

The Challenge itself:
The challenge is being ran by Stafford Street Hot Yoga.  It is A 26-day challenge to do hot yoga in the MORNINGS, followed by a macrobiotic remedy. Here is a picture of the poster:


Anyhoo, so how did my first day go? It went well and had an pretty easy class today. After the class, there was a choice of 3 macrobiotic beverages. I chose the Ume-Sho-Bancha-Kuzu 'tea'. It tasted more like a soup or a broth rather than a tea. It was a big salty and kind of thick. There were these pieces of the Ume in it that you have to chew. It will take a bit of getting used to.

Some of the benefits of the Ume-Sho tea are: Alklalizes acidic blood, regulates digestion, soothes stomach, stimulates circulation & heart rate, relieves nausea and anxiety. I forgot to take a picture of the tea, so you could see the little floaty things in it.

For lunch, I'm having a brown & wild rice pilaf, with onion, garlic, ginger, celery, red peppers, chickpeas and a bit of Bragg's liquid aminos. Oh ya, I garnished it with a bit of cilantro....I loooove cilantro. (I forgot to take a picture of my lunch too, darnit...lol...I will get better at this blogging thing soon enough!)

Tonight I am taking a cooking class with Kathy Mann, from the City of Winnipeg leisure guide.  The class is called "Simple-Y" and we will be learning to make Chicken a La King, Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs and Shrimp Egg Foo Young.  I had intended to eat as many vegan meals as possible during this month, but hey, I'm already signed up for the class and her recipes are always so yummy!

Oh! I just took a Certified Food Handlers Training course on Saturday. It was very interesting. I just have to wait for my certificate to come in the mail. I just took the course for my own interest.

As for this blog, I'm not sure if I am going to journal everyday...we'll see how it goes. I'll just try and do what feels right, I guess.

Until next time...Namaste! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment