Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 2 & 3

Freezer finds
Last night I cleaned out my freezer (the stand-alone kind) and I found all of these chicken patties that I bought from Costco awhile back. I didn't even know that I still had them! In an effort to use up all the stuff from my freezer, I am going to be eating a bunch of these this week. I also found a frozen ball of pizza dough that I sometimes buy from Deluca's on Portage Avenue. I like making pizza with this dough and I think I might save it for Sunday evening and make a veggie pizza for Oscar night.


Day 2 (Tuesday)
Yesterday I was sooooo tired that I almost fell asleep in yoga! Seriously, I went away to another land for a bit in the savasana. After the class we had a Carrot-Daikon beverage. The benefits of this beverage are: Relieves tension & tightness in organs from too much dairy, meat & salt, Removes peripheral and recent fats, Lowers cholesterol, Helpful for kidney stones, swollen ankles and feet.

Beverage review: Needs to be eaten with a spoon to scoop up the carrot and daikon. Tastes pretty mild in comparison with the 1st day's drink. It's supposed to contain a tiny bit of green tee (ie: caffeine) - which I obviously really needed!

Meals:
Breakfast - whole wheat tortilla with hummus, about 2 cups of the Carrot-Apple "juice" that I made on Monday night
Lunch - the Carrot-Daikon beverage, Carrot-Ginger-Cashew soup that I made (yum! I forgot how much I love this soup), 6 brazil nuts
Supper - Roasted red pepper soup with lots of croutons in it (didn't like this soup, bleh! The croutons saved it) and a plain chicken patty from Costco, with salsa and vegannaise as dipping sauces.

*Hmmmm I just realized that I ate lots of carrots today, unintentional but good*

Then off to bed at 9:30.. Have to admit that it was hard to stay up this late (lol), but I didn't want to go to sleep too early in case I woke up at 4 or something like that.

Day 3 (Wednesday)

I managed to go to an early (6:00am) hot yoga class...yaay, go me! The class was nice AND HOT for me today. I love these classes... when your towel gets drenched and you feel like a wet noodle at the end of the class!! When I go to early classes like this, I have to take the bus to work because my Boo and I car-pool to work normally. It isn't that bad usually. I can still get to work around 8:30-9:00, but this morning it was especially cold! My toes froze waiting for the bus. So when I picked up the car from B's work, I stopped by Starbucks for a 1/2 hot-chocolate and 1/2 coffee...even though I have Kombucha-green tea at work... I wanted a hot beverage that was already ready. (I'm such a baby sometimes, haha and I know that I need to get winter boots!)

It was so frosty and pretty on my walk to work this morning.


Meals
Breakfast: The best-smoothie-ever! In it, I put about 2-3 cups of mixed greens, water, about a 1/2-1 cup of frozen blueberries, 2 pears, 1 apple, 2 lemons, 1 scoop of Vega, dulse, flax oil and stevia. I don't know why exactly this smoothie turned out so yummy, maybe because I used 2 lemons and extra sweetener...lemons really help to cut out that "green" taste from the mixed greens. It's very filling and could only drink about 1/2 of it. I'll probably finish it throughout the day.
Lunch: a chicken sandwich (the Costco ones) with hummus, vegannaise, mustard and mixed greens.
Supper - not sure but I am just going to try and stay on track.

I'm writing this during my lunch break and I am now off to Superstore and EatIt to get some fresh produce.

Adios Amigos and Amigas!!
JoJo
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment